Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Just 2 days until Christmas


I admit I'm not really into shopping. In fact, I hate it!
But Christmas is a little different. Although I still wish I could avoid it, I do find more reasons to think positive thoughts while out fighting through the crowds.
The most important reason is my grandchildren. I did the majority of my shopping online this year, but I just can't seem to bring myself to purchase toys for my babies online or out of a catalog. I really need to look at them before buying for a number of reasons ... I want to see what they actually do, I want to make sure they are constructed well, I want to check for any small parts ... to name a few!
Yesterday, I made the dreaded trip out to find a few last minute items and to buy what I needed for Christmas dinner. This year, it will be just me and hubby, so I wanted some special things.
After returning home, I thought -- Wow! I'm done with shopping and I won't have to face the Christmas Eve rush.
Famous last words!
Apparently, no one thought about items for the stocking. So today, I'll have to force myself back out into the crowds and the cold weather to do that.
How about you? Is your shopping done? If so, congratulations (I'm envious)! I'd like to know the secret on how to remember to have everything purchased at least a week before Christmas. Is there a trick to that?
Sigh!

No comments: