Friday, July 30, 2010
1. I'm going to get my desk cleaned up one way or another.
2. My little grandson is full of adventure and daring.
3. Perhaps today you can make it a point to smile at a stranger.
4. I enjoy being around people who have a true adventurer’s spirit.
5. Compassion is one of the most important things in a good relationship.
6. I'm going to clean up this office no matter how difficult.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dinner out with my husband, tomorrow my plans include a little writing and Sunday, I want to relax!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Monday, July 26, 2010
I decided to kick back and not do much this weekend. All I really accomplished was to write my weekly column for the local newspaper.
We all need to take some time for ourselves now and then. For me, it's especially important because I typically have a lot of stress in my life. I deal with it very well, but every once in a while, I decide it's time to take a couple days and vegetate.
That's exactly what I did the last couple days. I'm now ready to face another busy week!
This is the list of the books I received in the mail this past week:
1. Zoo Story by Thomas French
2. Water Ghosts by Shawna Yang Ryan
3. The Wolf of Tebron by C.S. Lakin
4. The Little Snail Story by Ross Anthony
5. Gerry Tales by Gerry Boylan
6. Getting There by Gerry Boylan
7. Patchwork Bride by Jillian Hart
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Friday, July 23, 2010
1. I feel like going back to bed this morning.
2. It usually doesn't take me long to catch up.
3. Do something for others that will make them happy and you'll be happy.
4. My littlest grandson is completely unique.
5. It's hard to know how much spoiling a grandchild can take.
6. Life in a small town follows suit. (OK, so this answer makes no sense, but it does if you live in a small town! LOL!)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to finishing the book I've been reading, tomorrow my plans include starting a new book and Sunday, I want to go on a picnic if the weather is still nice!
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Monday, July 19, 2010
I managed to finish up some writing this weekend and now, I can start on some new projects. I even got my desktop cleared off so I have plenty of room to work! Yay!
Here's a list of books that showed up in my mailbox this past week:
1. Too Rich & Too Thin by Barbara DeShong
2. Fear No Evil by Robin Caroll
3. Anthropology of an American Girl by Hilary Thayer Hamann
4. Drawn to the Land: The Romance of Farming by Elizabeth J. Cockey and Barton M. Cockey
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Friday, July 16, 2010
And...here we go!
1. This is what life does. It lets you have the bad so you can appreciate the good.
2. Take time to appreciate the moment?
3. Upon reflection life can be quite pleasant.
4. I've been writing for quite a long time.
5. Later, you wake up and the dream goes on.
6. Sail away to the far and boundless sea.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing, tomorrow my plans include a little writing and reading and Sunday, I want to get out and enjoy the summer weather!
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
Some of the books are for review, while others I won in drawings -- always fun! I enter lots of giveaways and I've won some great prizes. But every once in a while, one comes along that just flat out excites me. So, there I am ... diligently filling out the form to make sure everything is correct ... all the while thinking I don't have the slightest chance of winning because it's something I really, REALLY want to win.
Imagine my surprise when I opened a package and found the CD "Carole King and James Taylor: Live at the Troubadour!" I didn't even know I won. They never notified me; they just sent it to my address I provided (a good reason to double check your entry information before hitting the "enter" or "send" button).
Just another reason why I will continue to enter those sweepstakes, contests and giveaways! I love surprises!
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Saturday, July 10, 2010
By Erin Healy
Friday, July 9, 2010
1. Layers of sunlight through the window.
2. Reading can provide insight.
3. I'd be willing to bet summer will be short.
4. The train whistle scares the dog.
5. I'm fond of relaxing in a shady spot with a good book.
6. I've been working way too much!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relax, tomorrow my plans include a little writing and Sunday, I want to do absolutely nothing!