The What's in a Name? challenge is being hosted this year by Beth, who some of you know from Beth Fish Reads. She has hosted other challenges in the past, so she's an old hand at this ... another reason why this should be a great challenge.
This is how it works: Read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with a food in the title: Clockwork Orange, Grapes of Wrath, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
- A book with a body of water in the title: A River Runs through It, Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, The Lake House
- A book with a title (queen, president) in the title: The Murder of King Tut, The Count of Monte Cristo, Lady Susan
- A book with a plant in the title: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Wind in the Willows, The Name of the Rose
- A book with a place name (city, country) in the title: Out of Africa; London; Between, Georgia
- A book with a music term in the title: Song of Solomon, Ragtime, The Piano Teacher
The challenge begins January 1 and runs through December 31, 2010. To sign up, go to What's in a Name?