Saturday, July 10, 2010

Never Let You Go


By Erin Healy

From the back of the book:

“It’s been seven years since disaster struck her family. Lexi Solomon has held it all together since then – just barely. But now Lexi is losing it. The husband who deserted her is back in town, wanting to see their daughter Molly. Her sister’s shameless murderer is up for parole. An unsavory old friend is demanding payment for debts that Lexi knows nothing about and can’t begin to meet. And something else is going on – something Lexi feels but can’t explain. A dangerous shift is taking place between this reality and the next. Forces beyond her imagination are vying for control.”

When I first began reading this book, I didn’t particularly care for the story as it was a bit convoluted. But I had enough confidence in Erin Healy’s ability to stick with it and was pleased this book turned out so well.

The first time I read any of Healy’s work was when I read the book “Burn,” which she co-authored with Ted Dekker (see my review here). I wasn’t that impressed with it, but I did enjoy the writing itself.

That’s why I jumped at the chance to read “Never Let You Go,” Healy’s first book as a solo author.

The story revolves around some interesting spiritual events – with good and evil forces fighting for control of the main character’s life and loved ones. Granted, that’s not really an accurate description of what’s happening, but it’s very difficult to explain without giving the story away. Suffice it to say, Healy weaves some interesting concepts into a story that keeps you wondering until the end if Lexi will survive her face-off with the demon that has entered her space.

This is a story that makes you think about your own beliefs, even though it’s definitely based on fantasy. It’s an excellent thriller novel and I’m glad I read this one.

If this is a new genre to you, “Never Let You Go” is an excellent choice to begin with. Check it out!



No comments: