Friday, March 19, 2010

Burn

By Ted Dekker and Erin Healy


From the back of the book:


“Janeal has long felt trapped in her father’s Gypsy culture. Then one night a powerful man named Salazar Sanso promises her the life she longs for – if she will help recover a vast sum of money tied to her father. When the plan implodes, Sanso and his men attack the gypsy settlement and burn it to the ground. During the blaze, Janeal is faced with a staggering choice.”


I’ve read mixed reviews about this book, but I did pick it up with an unbiased opinion. I was curious about reading something about the gypsy lifestyle as my ancestors were among the early wanderers in Romania.


This book started out very intriguing and I was enjoying it immensely … until I got past the fire. At that point, it turned very unusual and unbelievable. The twists and turns were just too hokey for me.


But the book is well written and I do believe many people will enjoy it.


This review is very short, but I’m at a loss as what to say about this book. I really think readers need to pick it up and make their own decisions.


These are two very popular authors and they do have their followers. I would like to try a different book by them to see if I like it better than this one.



No comments: