Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Wait Until Twilight

By Sang Pak

From the back of the book:

“Not long after his own mother’s death, sixteen-year-old Samuel discovers a set of deformed triplets hidden behind closed doors in his sleepy Georgia community. The babies – whose shut-in mother believes they were immaculately conceived and whose menacing bother is a constant threat – take control of Samuel’s every waking and sleeping thought. His only escape, he realizes, will be to save the monster children.”


I’m not completely sure about my thoughts regarding this book. I did enjoy reading it and found it quite interesting, but there is a lot to it I would call “stereotypical.” Plus, you just kind of know what’s going to happen next and expect it.


All in all, though, it’s a good start for this debut author. He can definitely tell a story and it is well-written. In fact, I’d like to read the next book by Sang Pak and see how it compares.


Although an intriguing book, “Wait Until Twilight” could have used a little more polishing before being released. Still, I think most people will enjoy the story and like this book.



No comments: