Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday Mail Call


I hope everyone had a great Easter. We did most our celebrating on Saturday because my grandson was going back to his momma's Sunday.

We put out tons of eggs for the kids to find and divided the yard into three sections. Harley (6 years old) went about finding his eggs very meticulously. That's very typical for him!

David (1 year old) picked up one plastic eggs and was perfectly happy. He could care less about the other eggs right there in plain sight!

Their cousin Brittany (3 years old) ran after her eggs and started going for Harley's. We kept having to herd her back into her own area!

That evening, I made a big ham dinner and everyone ate until they couldn't breathe!

It's a tradition that the men cook Sunday breakfast at the church, so hubby was up bright and early to begin scrambling eggs. I headed over about 9:15 and had a wonderful breakfast. It was so good, I was falling asleep during the service (my bad!).

Later that afternoon, hubby and I went for a drive through the local wildlife refuge. We saw a herd of seven deer, a coyote, ground squirrels, ducks and lots of birds. I also heard the meadowlarks but didn't see them.

So, here's my list of books that showed up in my mailbox this past week.

1. Catch of a Lifetime by Judi Fennell
2. Once in a Blue Moon by Leanna Ellis
3. Thoreau and the Art of Life edited by Roderick MacIver
4. Your marketing sucks by Mark Stevens
5. Easy as Pi by Jamie Buchan
6. A Certain "Je Ne Sais Quoi" by Chloe Rhodes

Have a great week!

No comments: