Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Monday Mail Call ... on Wednesday?


I got pretty busy the last couple days and didn't get this posted on Monday. Since I still wanted to share my loot, I thought I'd go ahead and post it today.

I received some wonderful surprises in the mail last week. Here is my list!

1. She Shoots to Conquer by Dorothy Cannell
2. The Midnight Angel of Bodmin Moor by Judy Mays

I won a drawing on Anna Kathryn Lanier’s blog (I just love her site!) and she sent me the DVD for the movie “Ever After” starring Drew Barrymore and Anjelica Huston, a bag of Orville Redenbacher’s gourmet popping corn and two recipes printed on the backs of her promo cards for her books. What a great package!

Also, my suggestion to name the fish at Inklings bookstore in Yakima, Washington, was selected and I won a $20 gift certificate. Hubby and I made a weekend trip of it and I showed up Saturday afternoon at the store.

What a wonderful place! All the latest releases, a bargain shelf, great kids’ selections and super gift extras for readers, writers, etc. I used my certificate (and pitched in a few dollars of my own) to get the books “The Other” by David Guterson and “Home to Holly Springs” by Jan Karon. I also got a perpetual birthday/anniversary calendar to keep track of those important dates.

Oh, and they tell me the fish is much happier now that he has a name!

Inklings is located right across the parking lot from the library and we noticed they had a rack outside for surplus books. I found three books and hubby got two, so that was a great plus!

2 comments:

~Sia McKye~ said...

Loot, indeed, LuAnn! What a lovely gift, a video and popcorn. And books! That's always a nice gift. I love going to the mailbox and finding books that someone has sent me, or several, lol!

So what did you name the fish? Inquiring minds and all that.

Have a great week!

LuAnn said...

Oh ... I named the fish Deek. That's the nickname of one of the original members of the group the Inkspots. I thought it went well with the Inklings bookstore and they agreed.