Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

 
 I'm sure you've heard the saying "Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad." Well, I've known some men who can't be considered fathers, either.

However, I do know some wonderful fathers and dads.

The perfect example is my son. He is both a good father and a super daddy! He has blessed me with two grandsons who are the apples of my eye.

Then, there is my husband. Eric is a wonderful stepfather to my children and he adores the grandkids, too. He's kind and patients and very loving.

My own father had his faults and yes, like every parent, he made mistakes -- some of them quite serious -- but there were times when I was fortunate to have him as my father. He was, indeed, very supportive and he was determined to give us every thing we needed ... plus a few things just because we wanted them. My son reminds me a lot of him.

My mother's father was a special grandfather. He was, as they say, "the bee's knees" in my book! I just adored him, even though I didn't get to see him as often as I would have liked to when I was growing up (we lived 2,500 miles away). But he wrote me letters and we made regular visits.

Take some time today to remember some of the special fathers in your own life. It's very uplifting!

1 comment:

Suko said...

Lovely tribute to the fathers in your life, LuAnn!