Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday Mail Call


I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. I didn't get to post my wishes to all my readers yesterday as we were busy out of town.

We made our annual trek to the Ronald McDonald House to fix breakfast for the families there. It's something we truly enjoy.

We love visiting with the folks staying there and watching the kids. They are so amazing! Full of life and ambition for ones so young and fragile. In fact, the staff there said they have had more chemo kids recently than they ever had.

After we were done there, we went to visit my mother, sister and brother-in-law. I hope you all had a nice day, too.

In my mailbox this past week, I received the following:

From Amberkatze's book blog, I won the books Werewolf Smackdown and X-Rated Blood Suckers by Mario Acevedo, along with a Barnes and Noble gift card.

I also received:
1. Jane Austen: Christian Encounters by Peter Leithart
2. Never Let You Go by Erin Healy
3. Slip of the Knife by Denise Mina

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Suko said...

LuAnn, I hope you enjoy each of your new books!

Maryannwrites said...

LuAnn, we have gone to the Ronald McDonald house to serve dinner around Christmas time. Sure is a good thing to step out of our comfort zine and try to bring cheer to people facing great trauma.

Enjoy your books. I received Angle of Repose from my daughter and am loving it.