Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Enlightened Soups

By Camilla V. Saulsbury

From the book jacket:


“If one food conjures up comfort, it’s homemade soup. A dose of serenity sipped from a spoon, soup is as comforting as home itself. It is easy to make, naturally low in fat, rich with nutrients, convenient, and economical. From most perspectives, it is a super-food.”


I absolutely love soup! I could eat it for just about any meal, except breakfast – but that’s another story.


This cookbook offers some wonderful recipes, all easy to make and with ingredients you can actually find at your local grocery store.


In the introduction, Camilla talks about some of the ingredients to stock your pantry, as well as some of the different types of soups.


To top it off, there are several indexes that divide the recipes into such lists as how long they take to prepare, vegetarian and low-calorie.


The only thing missing is … pictures for all (or even) most of the recipes. I like recipes that include what the dish is supposed to look like after you’ve prepared it. That oversight is why I only gave this 3 books.


However, I did enjoy looking through the offerings and I will definitely be using this book often.


4 comments:

Maryannwrites said...

Thanks for the recommendation of the soup cookbook. I love soup, so I will definitely have to check this one out.

BTW, if you stop by my blog, I have an award for you.

NerdyMe said...

me too, I like cookbooks that have photos for all recipes..

Georgia said...

i would love to read it! You should set it aside for me. I have a hard time finding recipes i would eat when we have some friends come over - especially the vegetarian friends!

Georgia said...

i would love to read it! You should set it aside for me. I have a hard time finding recipes i would eat when we have some friends come over - especially the vegetarian friends!