Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Fill-Ins

I have been so busy this week. Not only haven't I had time for my own blog, I haven't been able to peruse the other blogs I regularly follow.

This weekend is the city's centennial celebration. That's right. Our town was incorporated 100 years ago this Sunday. We have a huge party planned and I'm involved in that.

We kicked things off last night when the local museum put on a reader theater featuring folks who homesteaded the area 100 years ago. I'm the secretary of the museum board and one of the committee member for the play. Three of us researched, wrote, directed and produced the reader theater. We had so much fun!

Today, we'll be busy putting together a new display for the season opening tomorrow. We've designed a women's display that highlights nine of the original homesteaders in the area. One of them is my husband's grandmother, so this feels very personal to me.

The centennial celebration will take up the rest of the weekend, with lots of activities for young and old. Everyone is looking forward to it.

So, before today begins, I decided to take time out to do the Friday Fill-Ins.

And...here we go!

1. Children playing never fails to make me smile.

2. I'm looking forward to a busy, busy weekend of fun and activities.

3. The clock ticking on my wall is what I'm listening to right now.

4. Potato salad must have sweet pickles in it!

5. Part of a bottle of Gatorade was the first thing I ate (drank) today.

6. Today is the start of one busy, busy weekend.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to finish the book I've been trying to get done, tomorrow my plans include helping open the museum for the summer season and taking part in the centennial celebration and Sunday, I want to be a part of the rest of the centennial party and then collapse!

3 comments:

Suko said...

LuAnn, I hope you enjoy the centennial celebration this weekend and also get a chance to read and relax! :)

Unknown said...

The centennial celebration sounds like a wonderful time. The work that goes into putting something like that together is a huge team effort, but so worth the end result. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

There definitely is something about the sound of children's laughter, isn't there? How can one hear it and not smile?

Enjoy the Centennial Celebration, LuAnn! Be sure to tell us all about it afterward.