Monday, September 21, 2009

Review: The Woodstock Story Book ...


... by Linanne G. Sackett (photos by Barry Z. Levine)

Picture, if you will, hundreds of thousands of people gathered in one place with no immediate clue as to why they are really there. Then, the music starts and it all becomes clear.


I was just 14 years old when Woodstock happened, so I wasn’t one of those many music fans who showed up in the little town that no one had heard about before. But I did know most of the music. Some of the bands I liked; others I could take or leave.


So, I did want to take a peek at this book when it was offered to me for review. And I’m glad I did.


What wonderful photos that truly prove a picture is worth a thousand words! This oversize book is page after page of images taken before, during and after this spectacular event.


In celebration of the 40th anniversary of Woodstock, Sackett and Levine have given rock and roll fans a way to remember a special time in the history of music and, indeed, of the country … even those of us who weren’t there.


I give this 4 books because of the marvelous photos!


2 comments:

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

I bet the photos are fantastic! Would it make a coffee table book, or are some of the photos of, um, questionable content?

LuAnn said...

Yes, the photos are wonderful. It was a pretty amazing event.
It would make a good coffee table book. There are a couple photos that may offend people, but they really aren't that bad and taken in context, they really aren't in poor taste.