Friday, July 18, 2008

The Locket

Richard Paul Evans is one of those rare authors who always seem to bring the reader to tears at the end of his novels.
While reading “The Locket,” that’s exactly what I expected. However, that’s not what happened.
Instead of tears, the book brought a huge smile to my face! It is such a marvelous tale.
As I read this heart-warming story, I fell in love with the characters. It’s a book about a young man who takes a job at a nursing home and the elderly clients seem to take to him right away. They trust him and believe in him. It’s actually quite touching.
He loves his job and he cares about the people he helps take care of.
“The Locket” is the first of a trilogy Evans wrote that also includes “The Looking Glass” and “The Carousel.” I’m anxious to read the other two as I truly enjoyed this one.

No comments: