Thursday, May 8, 2008

Is it spring yet?

I'm beginning to wonder!
Although the weather reports are good and the thermometer claims it's warm, we have been innundated with cold winds that makes it seem almost chilly.
That's hasn't stopped progress on getting the yard ready for summer. We've been planting flowers, trimming and weeding beds, adding some new sod in places and generally cleaning up after winter.
Of course, there's still work to be done, but it's beginning to look nice.
I call our yard my "little oasis." On both sides, there is no lawn, just weeds. They aren't taken care of at all. In fact, our yard is the only one on our side of the block that is tended to. It's not picture perfect by any means, as I like the more natural look, but it does stand out when you drive up.
Hopefully, the wind will die down this afternoon so I can finish planting my petunias and pansies.

No comments: