Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Clouds Roll Away

By Sibella Giorello

From the back of the book:


“Closing her assignment with the FBI’s Seattle office, forensic geologist Raleigh Harmon returns to her hometown of Richmond, Virginia, expecting a warm welcome. Instead, she finds herself investigating an ugly cross burning at a celebrity’s mansion and standing in the crosshairs of her boss at the Bureau. And the deeper Raleigh digs into the case, the murkier the water becomes … until she’s left wondering who the real victims might be.”


This author hooked me into the book right away. With intrigue, mystery and keen writing, I had a hard time putting this book down.


The book revolves around a young FBI agent who seems to constantly be getting into hot water with her superiors. She has a unique sense of intuition that others find annoying, especially when it contradicts with logic.


I found myself liking Raleigh very much and there were times when I wished I could jump into the pages and tell her boss off. She truly is an annoying woman who seems to only be concerned with making herself look good at the expense of those under her, including Raleigh.


That made me cheer whenever she was proven wrong.


On top of dealing with the investigation into several murders, Raleigh also must find a way to help with her mother’s fragile mental state following the death of her husband. And, to top it off, it’s the Christmas holiday.


Then, to make matters worse, Raleigh’s ex-boyfriend is trying desperately to draw her back into his life.


Almost sounds like she should have stayed in Seattle!


“The Clouds Roll Away” is the second in a series of books starring these characters and I’m anxious to read the first one so I can get to know these folks better. I really enjoyed everything about this book and I know you will, too.


1 comment:

Suko said...

Interesting sounding story! I hadn't heard of this book before.